Police Department FAQ's

1.    How can I obtain a restraining order?

    You can obtain a restraining order at Bergen County Superior Court in Hackensack, NJ Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  Nights and weekends, domestic violence restraining orders can be applied for at Police Headquarters.

2.    What can I do about annoying or threatening phone calls?

    If you receive annoying of harassing phons calls, you can use the Verizon *57 Trace Feature.  When you receive a harassing phone call and the call is disconnected, hang up the phone and then pick up before another call comes in.  Dial *57 and a voice prompt will say  that the call has been traced and to notify your local police agency.  Lot the date and time of the call and contact the Police Department to file a report.  Three confirmed traces are recommended.

3.    If I'm involved in a traffic accident, what should I do?

    Call 9-1-1 and report the accident to the 9-1-1 operator.  Determine your location and if anyone is injured.

4.    How can I get a copy of a police report?

    Come to Police Headquarters and file an Open Public Records Act request for the report filed.

5.    What can I do about traffic concerns in my neighborhood?

    Contact the Police at (201) 825-1900 and report specific complaints to an officer.

6.    How can I contest parking or traffic citations?

    After a summons is issued, the only place to contest a summons is Court.  Contact the Allendale Municipal Court at (201) 652-0699 and request a court date.

7.    I lost my traffic citation, what do I do?

    Contact the Allendale Municpal Court at (201) 652-0699.  All summonses are entered into the Automated Traffic System Computer.

8.    How can I report narcotics activity in my neighborhood?

    Contact the Police at (201) 825-1900 and report the specific complaint to an officer.

9.    How can I report a hate crime?

    Contact the Police or respond to headquarters to file a report.

10.    What can I do about my noisy neighbors?

    If you can not resolve the matter with speaking to your neighbors, you can contact the Police to respond.

11.    I was a victim of a crime and reported it.  What happens next?

    If you are a victim of a crime and it requires further investigation, a Detective will contact you.  The Detective will investigate the crime in order to resolve or arrest the actor(s) involved.

12.    How do I report a missing person?

    Contact or respond to Police Headquarters with a physical description and a recent picture.  You will be asked if the person has any disabilities, medical conditions or a possible destination.

Web Hosting Companies