By making small changes, Allendale’s residents and businesses can protect our drinking water. Let the drains be used for the rain.
1. Do not pour hazardous products, pet waste, cut grass down a storm drain, they are connected to local
brooks and lakes.
2. Wrap pet waste and throw it away in a trash; do not flush it down the toilet.
3. Get a Compost Permit, and bring your brush, grass, and leaves to Allendale’s Compost Site.
4. Dispose of yard waste properly.
5. Do not put fertilizer, oil, pesticides, or detergents in the streets or
parking lots; they are washed away by rain and put down storm
6. Join the Green Team!
For more information on stormwater related topics, please click here.