Phase 2 Water Restrictions in Effect As of Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 7pm
The demand for water in the entire region is heavy due to lack of rain. The Borough’s wells and supply system are severely stressed. Daily usage must be reduced for safe preservation of our water supply and public safety. Please cooperate in this community effort.
In-Ground Lawn Sprinklers from 12:00am to 4:00am only!
Hose Supplied Lawn Sprinklers from 7:00am to 9:00am and 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Even House Numbers: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Odd House Numbers: Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
Monday is a system recharge day. No Watering Permitted*
- *Hand-watering is permitted for gardens, shrubs, and new plantings
- No washing of buildings or cars is permitted
- Use of water for other household purposes is not restricted.
Restrictions will be enforced: 1 warning, followed by a court summons. Fines up to $1,000.00
By order of Ari Bernstein, Mayor
Thank you for your perseverance as we work together to preserve our water and keep our borough safe. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Councilwoman Liz Homan, Water Committee Chair. Lizhoman@allendalenj.gov
Service Line Inventory Table
The linked document is a PDF. When the table first loads you may need to ZOOM IN to find your address. CLICK HERE
Letter from Mayor Bernstein & The Allendale Borough Council regarding the passing of the Allendale Water System Sale to SUEZ referendum
ALLENDALE WATER SYSTEM PROPOSAL Q & A- Water System Sale to SUEZ
CLICK HERE to read the Allendale Water System Proposal Q&A
Allendale Water Sale Information Video
Councilwoman Liz Homan Chair of the Allendale Water, Sewer and Public Utilities speaks to the facts and the importance of this sale. CLICK HERE to view the video
Water Meeting Recordings
- 1st Allendale Community Water Meeting Recording – September 16, 2020
- 2nd Allendale Community Water Meeting Recording – December 9, 2020
- 3rd Allendale Community Water Meeting Recording – March 10, 2021
- 4th Allendale Community Water Meeting – Update on Allendale Request For Bid – May 4, 2021
- 5th Allendale Community Water Meeting – Overview of SUEZ Offer to Purchase Allendale Water System – June 16, 2021
Proposed Sale of the Allendale Water System Documents:
ORDINANCE 21-10: ORDINANCE OF THE BOROUGH OF ALLENDALE, IN THE COUNTY OF BERGEN, NEW JERSEY, APPROVING AN AGREEMENT OF SALE BETWEEN THE BOROUGH AND SUEZ WATER NEW JERSEY INC. FOR THE SALE OF THE BOROUGH'S WATER SUPPLY, TREATMENT AND DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM AND AUTHORIZING A PROPOSAL TO BE PRINTED ON THE BALLOT FOR CONSIDERATION BY THE VOTERS WITHIN THE BOROUGH AT THE GENERAL ELECTION ON NOVEMBER 2, 2021 PROVIDING FOR THE SALE OF THE BOROUGH'S WATER SUPPLY, TREATMENT AND DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM TO SUEZ WATER NEW JERSEY INC.
Please see the tabs to the left for more information on Allendale Water