Residential Compost Permit:
All grass, leaves, and brush are accepted with a residential compost permit. This permit can be purchased at Borough Hall for $30. There is no curbside collection of grass and brush. Please note that landscapers and contractors are not allowed to use the compost site.
- Compost Permit Application (On Sale Starting - March 14th @ 9am)
The hours of operation at the compost are Saturday 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 and Sunday 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M., from April 2, 2022 to December 18, 2022.
Compost Area Rules & Regulations:
The following items are accepted for drop off at the Borough Compost Site on West Crescent Avenue with a current Resident Compost Permit.
- Leaves: loose or in a brown, biodegradable leaf bag only. The Department of Public Works will also collect leaves bagged in brown, biodegradable leaf bags every other weekend from September until the first week in December.
- Grass Clippings: loose only. Grass will not be accepted in bags.
- Brush: loose brush and tree limps up to 4 inches in diameter only.
The following items will not be accepted at the compost.
- NO tree logs that are larger than 4 inches in diameter.
- NO tree stumps or root balls from ornamental bushes
- NO dimensional wood products (any type of lumber typically found in construction, fencing, and landscape designs).
Please be advised that “dump trucks and dump trailers” are not allowed to utilize the site for dropping off materials. Pickup trucks, cars, vans, and SUV type vehicles are allowed.